Landlords; Get Let!
Find out why Sugarhouse Properties is Leeds most popular lettings agent, with an introductory offer of 3 months FREE management for new landlords and investors.
Click below so we can get in touch, and provide more details
on this fantastic offer.
Thanks for considering Sugarhouse!
We know that being a landlord is tough and that the Leeds housing market has thrown up plenty of challenges in recent years. We also know that there are plenty of other Leeds Letting Agents and Estate Agents that you could choose to look after your property for you. We are, however, confident that none of them will give you the same level of service, innovative marketing, passion, and expertise that Sugarhouse will.
Sugarhouse specialises in both student and professional lettings whilst offering a comprehensive range of services such as HMO management, ‘from buy to let’ investor packages, fully managed student accommodation, student and professional house shares, and much, much more.
Why choose Sugarhouse?
- Reputation; Great reputation amongst the Student and Professional populations in Leeds
- Experience; Over 35 years combined experience working as letting agents in Leeds and alumni of the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Business Program
- Strong Online Presence; Interactive and mobile-led website and highly viewed Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube sites
- Innovative Marketing; Highly tailored marketing of our company and your properties that is guaranteed to get you noticed
- “Kitchen Sink” Marketing!; We throw everything at marketing your property (including Rightmove, On the Market, Unipol (for our student landlords), newspaper adverts, billboards, leaflet drops, flyering, SEO and online advertising, multi-website promotions, social media, to-let boards, housing fairs, mailing lists, promotional vehicles and more!
- Award Winning; Multiple local and national estate agency / letting agency industry and business awards and recognition
- Supporting Lifestyles And The Community; Social events, competitions and tie-ins with local businesses and charities
- Environmentally Conscious; Paper free where possible, green workplace policy in place and green energy supplied to our properties
- Level Playing Field; All of our landlords receive the same high levels of service as we look after clients with one or multiple properties
- Photo Shoot & 360 Interactive Videos; Professional standard edited photo-shoot on your property plus optional interactive 360 tour (all done in house)
24/7 And Tech Savvy; We use software and technology to carry out remote viewings, online signings and customer interaction making us accessible 24/7
- Honesty And Feedback; We pride ourselves on prompt and honest feedback; if there’s a problem with your property we’ll tell you before it’s too late!
We offer a host of services for landlords in Leeds, including assistance with purchasing, refurbishment and building work, furniture supply and design.
Our main property lettings / management services are as follows;
Let-Only / Tenant Find Service
For landlords in Leeds wishing to manage the day to day aspects of the tenancy themselves (including repairs, rent collection, inter tenancy issues etc.), we operate a popular let-only service whereby we will find a group of tenants to rent the property before handing it over to the landlord to manage. This service includes;
- Full marketing of the property through a variety of different mediums
- Negotiating the terms of the tenancy agreement and the rent with the tenant
- Referencing tenants through a full referencing service and / or guarantor agreements
- Completing tenancy application forms for all tenants and drawing up tenancy agreements in our own format
- Arranging for deposits to be paid and advising when deposits are received to enable you to protect the deposit online with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme
We would always recommend that you do not manage the property yourself if you do not have prior experience letting out properties, especially HMO’s, as the financial and legal pitfalls can be severe in the event of mistakes being made. Legislation in the property rental sector (sometimes specific to Leeds) is ever-changing, and managing rent and repairs is a full time job in itself (with a 24 hour working day)! If as a landlord in Leeds you’re unsure as to which of our services would suit you better then we’d be happy to discuss this with you in more detail.
- All marketing and letting services as per our Let-Only / Tenant Find service
- Administrating the deposit and ensuring all Tenancy Deposit Scheme regulations are correctly adhered to
- Collecting all rent for the property and chasing any initial rent arrears
- Coordinating and organising any repairs on the property using our team of specially picked contractors and online reporting software
- Accounting for any damage and unpaid bills at the end of the tenancy
- Arranging periodic inspections
- Dealing with any tenancy-related issues as they arise throughout the term of the tenancy
- Providing 24 hour maintenance for your tenants
- Supplying a fully itemised statement at the end of each month
- Supporting you and your tenants throughout the tenancy
Our management service for landlords in Leeds is pretty all encompassing and the above is intended only as a brief summary. We take care of almost everything for our managed landlords and they simply get a statement (and payment via direct banking transfer) at the end of each month. If you wish your rental property in Leeds to be a hands-off investment then this is probably the service for you.
“From Buy to Let!” – our One Stop Investor Package for Leeds
Our unique “From Buy To Let” service in Leeds is tailored for investment landlords who are looking to invest in property in Leeds at high yields but want a very hands-off approach to the whole process. As such, we assist with every step of the purchase and rental process from sourcing suitable properties to buy in Leeds, assisting with the sale and liaising with Estate Agents in Leeds, organising building work and then renting out and managing the property at the end of the process.
- This is a unique, bespoke service that we tailor specifically to each landlord’s own needs. It can involve some, or all, of the following;
- Providing initial investment advice in terms of cost, expectations and tax considerations for your prospective Leeds property
- Providing access to specialist mortgage brokers in Leeds
- Sourcing suitable rental properties using contacts with local Leeds estate agents and private sales
- Recommending solicitors and providing advice on the sales process, including queries to raise prior to completion
- Assisting with the transfer and management of existing tenants already in your rental property
- Arranging quotes for building works through approved contractors at highly competitive rates
- Assisting with planning issues in Leeds
- Managing any improvements works
- Providing design advice and suggestions
- Marketing the property (off-plan if work is scheduled)
- Sourcing furniture and fittings
- Finding tenants (through one of Leeds’ most active online letting agents)
- Snagging after building works
- Managing the new tenancy
We have a number of clients who take advantage of the full range of this service. In the case of some of our more established landlords, such is the trust they have in this unique service that the process is often followed from start to finish without them ever setting foot in their new Leeds property.
Please contact our office and we will be happy to discuss how we may be able to assist you with any aspect of this investment service.