Job Opportunities at Sugarhouse
At Sugarhouse Properties we are always on the lookout for hard working individuals who are prepared to give 100% in making sure our service standards are the best in the industry.
Working for Sugarhouse
We pride ourselves on delivering first-class customer service to our tenants and landlords and work hard to achieve this. We’ve also set out to make Sugarhouse a great place to work for our staff. As well as offering a fun and supportive working environment, we feel we offer excellent remuneration, genuine (and proven) chances for progression, a lively social calendar, structured training, constant mentoring and a workplace in which everyone has a voice and feels valued. Our return for that is that we feel we have some of the best staff in the business; if you think you’ve got what it takes to join us then get in touch!
Sugarhouse Properties specialise in residential property management within the North Leeds area. We are an award-winning company, with a number of prestigious awards in the ‘Sunday Times’, ‘Negotiator Magazine’ and ‘Rate Your Landlord’.
You will be required to manage the day-to-day duties for our in-office maintenance department and out office maintenance team and contractors.
We are looking for an experienced individual to lead our maintenance department. This is a great opportunity for a forward thinking and proactive applicant to get involved in a senior role and to help progress the department together with our ambitious and expanding company.
There will be a 10% bonus payable on top of the salary advertised based on you hitting your KPI’s. These will include:
- Ensuring department employees are reporting back to Tenants and Landlords on the status of repairs
- carrying out site visits to assess quality of workmanship
- Organising department staff to carry out property inspections and also carry out inspections yourself
- ensuring that repairs are being completed within our designated time scales
- identifying property refurbishment projects
- planning, budgeting and running property refurbishment projects with help form outside the company
- ensuring that the property portfolio is compliant with local and national legislation
- dealing with any departmental issues or complaints
- Previous property management experience or extensive experience of project management and organisation within the building sector is essential.
- Strong communication and excellent interpersonal skills
- Solid IT skills and tech savvy
- Excellent organisation and problem solving skills
- Ideally have experience in dealing with maintenance software (but not essential)
- A positive attitude and hunger to learn and progress in a forward thinking environment
- A full driving Licence and own vehicle for site visits (a fuel allowance will be paid for miles travelled for the business – all properties are within the Leeds area)
- A keen eye for detail and ability to adapt to demands and pressures within the department
- Ability to manage a small team to maximise performance
If you would like to join our team, we’d love to hear from you.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org